Chassis No BC2AF was originally completed in October of 1955 and was just the second car built to Design No 700 on the S1 Continental chassis by Park Ward. Being such an early production car, it comes with a few interesting design features including a three-piece dashboard and door pockets, not seen on later cars built to this design
Originally finished in dark green with red leather and was supplied by James Young &Co Ltd of Bromley to its first owner, Mr J.N.Dean of The Telegraph &Construction Co Ltd of Old Street EC2 in London. Chassis No BC2AF changed hands a couple of times between 1955 and 1962 and was purchased in April of 1961 by Michael Condon OBE of Buckingham Gate in London SW1. It was purchased by Mr Robin Christopher Moore in 1970 and then Mr John Jeremy Baynes in the early 1990’s before being sold to the USA in the early 2000s
In 2007 the car was sold by marque exponents Frank Dale and Stepsons and repatriated to the UK where it was repainted in Dawn Blue with a Blue everflex hood. The engine was then re-built and upgraded at the same time, with power steering and larger later specificationS1 Continental carburettors. Chassis No BC2AF changed hands last in 2010 and has been sparingly used and maintained ever since.
Chassis No BC2AF is one of just fifty-eight cars built to this design in right hand drive and is fast becoming one of the most sought-after models in the post war Bentley era. It is complete with copy chassis cards, an extensive history file and tools
No. of Cylinders
To enquire about this vehicle or request a viewing, please contact us or complete our enquiry form:
m +44 (0) 7522 103 259
Photo Credit: Frank Dale and Stepsons