1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV

Click on an image to enlarge

1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV

1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV1933 Brough Superior 680 OHV

History

Supplied new to Layton Garages on 3rd May 1933, this Overhead 680 model was constructed by the works at Haydn Road with a Rigid frame, Castle (Brampton) forks, Amal Carburettor, Lucas MSV 50d Magdyno, Lucas S40 headlamp with Ammeter and dipping beam, Lucas 6V Alttete horn, Jaeger 120 MPH speedometer, Pilgrim oil pump and Lycett Aero saddle

Further remarks on the works record (held on file) denote Tank top switch, battery on front platform, tank gate control (long horizontal lever), separate oil tank c/w Bowden control, detachable carrier, small type curved top pannier bags, non valance rear split guard, Alum oilbath front chain cover, top and bottom rear chain covers, rear footrests, RHS brake pedal, Sackville controls – RH twist grip and LH dummy, rear bevel drive and rear footrests

First registered on 14th September 1933 and according to the buff log book (issued on 14th October 1953), first owner listed was Mr John Thomas Cooke of Melton Mowbray on 8th January 1944. The next listed owner was Dodsley and Muse also of Melton Mowbray on 2nd December 1949. The machine remained with them for the next twelve years until 16th August 1961 when it was acquired by Roger Montague Allen also of Melton Mowbray

Mr Allen retained the bike until 25th June 1965 when  it was sold to Keith Richard Goodall of Ripley, Derbyshire and remained in his ownership for the next thirteen years until it was acquired by Thomas Benjamin Ryder, Atherstone, Warwickshire on 9th March 1978

Acquired by the vendor from the estate of the late Thomas Ryder in 2017, the bike had been partially restored by Ryder and was sent to Simon Miles to finish; works included a full rebuild of the original engine, full gearbox and transmission rebuild, new oil pipes and the fitment of period correct twin headlights. With known ownership from new and matching numbers, this glorious 680 OHV is both mechanically and cosmetically superb and supplied with its original UK registration  

Price

£134,950


Engine Size

680cc


No. of Cylinders

2


BHP

N/A


Number Made

c 547

To enquire about this vehicle or request a viewing, please contact us or complete our enquiry form:

m +44 (0) 7522 103 259

e sales@dylan-miles.com

Complete our Online Form

Photo Credit: Tim Scott